Are You Fully Charged? First Chapter Review

 Chapter one of "Are You Fully Charged?" is really just breaking us into the idea of having a meaningful life. In the last few decades many different colleges, university and social scientist that have studied this topic on many different levels. The author has taken into consideration the research that the different sources have determined and he uses his own personal experiences to come to the conclusion that creating meaning is central not just to his existence but to that of every organization in society today. Creating meaning is an evolutionary process that grows by the day, as opposed to a grand purpose that suddenly falls in your lap. Small wins generate meaningful progress. After all the independent research from all different sources the same conclusion lies, its that the way to having a meaningful life is to increase your  amount of well doings and decrease putting your own well being in front of it. I relate to this chapter in many different ways because after being in and out of the foster system, I had to make my own happiness but instead of focusing on my happiness, I was blessed with a beautiful need family that insist I involved myself in sports because it brings meaning, determination and character to your life. This was a huge turning point in my life just like getting cancer for the writer. This made me appreciate life on a greater level and made me want to turn my life around from being the child that is troubled with no parents to a great kid that lives everyday for everyone else. I wanted to make my life meaningful again because I had not felt like that in a very longtime and sports did that for me. It made me feel whole again just like the writer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you fully charged? Chapter 6

Chapter 18

Chaper 21